Different Types of Backside Styles for Lapel PinsAugust 3, 2020
There are many different backings you can have with lapel pins. Let’s give examples for the different types of backside styles for lapel pins below
- Butterfly clutch (Standard)
- This is the most popular and default choice when ordering lapel pins. Sometimes it’s called the military clutch. The butterfly clutch is squeezed onto the prong on the backside of the pin. This is the most common backing you’ll find on custom lapel pins and stock lapel pins.
- Jewelry clutch
- Sometimes called the tie tack, is a very simple backing design. The big difference is it hides the prong on the backside of the lapel pin.
- Safety Pin (or clasp)
- The safety clasp or pin has a design that similar to a safety pin for name badges. A long pin tucks under the locking mechanism on the other side to hold the pin properly in place.
- Magnetic Backing
- This is often a round magnet on the backside of the lapel pin. This can be worn by most people, but is highly discouraged for those with pacemakers within their chest. Consult your doctor first.